- August 7: Monsters appears in print!
- August 20: Fall classes begin at the University of Louisville
- September 6: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series presents La vie est belle, 2:30 – 5pm, Shumaker Research Building, Room 139, Louisville, KY
- September 28: Presenting “The Oppositional Filmmaking of Dario Argento” at the Faculty Research Forum, Bingham Humanities Building 300, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- September 29 – 30: Attending Scarefest 2012 in Lexington, KY with Blackwyrm Publishing
- October 2: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series presents Kinyarwanda, time TBA, at the Floyd Theater in Louisville, KY. This event is sponsored in conjunction with the Student Activities Board, the Department of Anthropology, and the Peace, Justice, and Conflict Transformation Program.
- October 14, 9:45am – 11:15am: Presenting “Adaptation without Difference” at the Midwest Popular Culture Association meeting in Columbus, OH
- October 27: TWO READINGS:
- October 29, 2:30 – 3:45pm and 5:30 – 7:30pm: Poster presentations by students in film classes, Bingham Humanities Building 300, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- November 1: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series presents District 9 1pm – 4pm, at the Chao Auditorium in Ekstrom Library, Louisville, KY.
- November 9 – 11: Presenting “Tapeworm Cinema” at the South Atlantic Modern Language Association meeting in Durham, NC
- November 26: In-class Skype session with horror film director Mike Lombardo of Reel Splatter Productions
- November 29: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series presents Smoke Signals, time TBA, Shumaker Research Building, Room 139, Louisville, KY.
- November 30: Dario Argento appears in print!
- November 30: Burning the Middle Ground appears in print, too!
- December 5: BOOK LAUNCH EVENT!!! 6pm – 8pm, reading and signing Burning the Middle Ground at the Chao Auditorium in Ekstrom Library on the University of Louisville campus
- December 8 – Book signing with Andrew Toy at That Book Place in Madison, Indiana
- December 12: End of final exams at the University of Louisville for fall 2012
- December 15: Solving Problems in Technical Communication appears in print! (Cooper co-authored “What Do Technical Communicators Need to Know about Collaboration?” with Rebecca E. Burnett and Candice A. Welhausen)
- January 3: 7pm – 8pm book signing at Pandemonium Books in Cambridge, MA
- January 7: Spring classes begin at the University of Louisville
- January 15: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series
- January 17 – 19: Giving keynote address based on Monsters with Brandy Ball Blake at New Voices Conference, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- February 7, 5 & 8pm: French Film Festival, Le Havre
- February 12: International Film Series presents Picnic at Hanging Rock
- February 13: International Film Series an Post-Colonial Film Series present Pather Panchali (L. Andrew Cooper, moderator)
- February 14, 5 & 8pm:The UofL Postcolonial Film Series and French Film festival present Goodbye, First Love
- February 21, % & 8pm: French Film Festival, Outside Satan (L. Andrew Cooper, moderator)
- February 28, 5 & 8pm: French Film Festival, Tomboy
- March 1: Burning the Middle Ground reading/signing at Carmichael‘s, 7pm
- March 13 -16: Presenting “Remake Culture” and participating in roundtable on technical communication at CCCC in Las Vegas, NV
- March 21: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series
- March 22: AHA Conference
- March 29 – 31: Burning the Middle Ground at Full Moon Horror
- April 5 – 7: Burning the Middle Ground at ConGlomeration, Louisville, KY, Ramada Plaza Hotel
- April 11: Floyd Film Festival, 6 – 11pm, Floyd Film Festival, Student Activities Center, University of Louisville
- April 18: The UofL Postcolonial Film Series
- April 30: End of final exams at the University of Louisville for spring 2013