- BlackWyrm Publishing (http://www.blackwyrm.com/): Published Burning the Middle Ground in November 2012
- University of Illinois Press (http://www.press.uillinois.edu/): Published Dario Argento in November 2012.
- Fountainhead Press (http://www.fountainheadpress.com/): Published Monsters in August 2012.
- McFarland (http://www.mcfarlandbooks.com/): Published Gothic Realities in 2010.
University of Louisville
- The university (http://louisville.edu/): Gorgeous campus, bright and diverse students; a budding film program.
- Division of Humanities (http://louisville.edu/humanities/): A truly interdisciplinary program doing leading-edge work in several areas.
- Film and Digital Media (http://louisville.edu/artsandsciences/film): The Film and Digital Media minor launched in 2011. Next stop, transforming Louisville into a buzzing center of film activity.
- Floyd Theater (http://louisville.edu/studentactivities/student-activities-center/floyd-theater.html): The official campus theater, with a combination of mainstream and art-circuit films likely to appeal to everybody at some point.
- Student Activities Board Film Committee (http://louisville.edu/studentactivities/activitiesboard/committees.html): The folks in charge of a lot of the programming at the Floyd.
- Speed Art Museum (http://www.speedmuseum.org/): In addition to cool exhibits of other art forms, the Speed regularly hosts film-related events in a comfy screening space.
- Louisville Film Society (http://louisvillefilm.org/): A fun mix of filmmakers, scholars, aficionados, and people who just like a good movie now and then.
- Pandora Productions (http://www.pandoraprods.org): Pandora not only shatters stereotypes by being a community-supported LGBTQ theater organization in a southern/midwestern area–they also put on great shows.
- Wild and Woolly (http://www.wandwvideo.com/): Andrew doesn’t go very often because he has an online DVD buying addiction, but this indie video store is cinephile heaven. Cool people work there, too.
- Blackwyrm Publishing (http://www.blackwyrm.com/): They publish compelling works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror, including recent novels by UofL professor Michael Williams.
Other Things Andrew Wants You To Know About
- The Brittain Postdoctoral Fellowship (http://www.lmc.gatech.edu/writingcomm/brittain/): Andrew spent six years at Georgia Tech connected to this program, of which he remains fond.
- Reel Splatter Productions (http://www.reelsplatter.com/): Director Mike Lombardo has the potential to push horror cinema to a higher level.